Strategic Partnerships for Nonprofits Workshop
Thursday, January 25, 2018 10:30 am
12:30 pm ET
In-person | Atlanta, GA
Changes and increasing pressures are requiring nonprofits to explore more collaborations and more formal methods of partnership to better serve the community. Building collaborations and partnerships is a challenging and complex process. This workshop will provide leaders an opportunity to learn about the various types of partnerships and their implications, learn a successful process for selecting and implementing the appropriate type of partnership and determining the appropriate partner, and discuss the challenges, best practices and lessons learned associated with developing or implementing non-profit partnerships- from consultants and legal counsel, leaders who completed major partnerships, and funders. The workshop will also provide time for participants to assess their current approach to partnerships and to identify opportunities to better partner for impact.
- Understand the various strategic partnership options, and learn a process for selecting and facilitating the appropriate partnership option.
- Learn a strength-based approach to self-assessing an organization’s partnership needs and partnership opportunities.
- Learn about typical challenges, best practices and lessons learned with developing and implementing a nonprofit partnership.
- Learn from real-world examples of partnerships completed in recent years in Atlanta
- Obtain funder feedback on strategic partnerships
Presentation concerning options, process, basics, challenges and best practices for successful partnership – led by Erik Speakman, Speakman Consulting
Panel of leaders and experts involved in partnerships including a leading funder – moderated by Cindy Cheatham, President Good Advisors; panelists to include:
- Robyn Miller, Corporate/Tax Counsel, Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
- Lita Pardi, Director, Resource Deployment, Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta
- Matt Pieper, Executive Director, Open Hand Atlanta
- Sara Berney, Executive Director, Wholesome Wave Georgia
This Event is Closed
Training Event Calendar
Space is limited. Register online with the form below or by calling (404) 880-0094. Registrants requiring ASL signers or other disability-related services are asked to contact the Foundation Center at least two weeks in advance.
Upon arrival, you will be required to present your ID to obtain a visitor pass. Valid forms of ID include a driver’s license, passport, military ID, or business card. Please plan to arrive early and stop at the Visitor Services desk in the main lobby to obtain a visitor pass.
Please arrive on time or your seat may be given away to others who are waiting to attend. If you need further information, please call (404) 880-0094.